Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy birthday to Jason today!!! Wish we could be with you

I don't know how many times I've read this book with my children as they were learning to read, but this is the first time that the story affected the child like this. Mason is reading these short books, and as he was reading this one to me, about Bob who hops on the bus with his dog, and a few other people hop on. Then at the "lot", they proceed to hop off, last being Bob, but the dog is left on the bus, Mason was so sad for Bob, who sobbed and sobbed, that he began to cry, I thought it was so cute and tender, I had to get my camera with the excuse I was going for a tissue.
Not to worry, the story ends well, with Pops the bus boss, getting the dog back to Bob. I recommend this book!!

It finally warmed up a couple days here and the snow started melting, then the rains came, but that didn't keep us out of it, our feet are still webbed you know. Mason wanted to make a boat and sail it down the flowing gutters. We had a couple people driving by who commented about us being the only ones out in the rain, which was true. I thought that was the end, but just a day later, it turned cold again and now we have about 15 inches of snow again and still coming down.

2 comments:

Mertlich said...

I thought of Jason today, I hope he has a great Birthday!!
I have never heard of that book, but I don't think I want to read it, I am glad that it ended happy!
15 inches- Man Puyallup would have to totally shut down, maybe for good. We had a dusting this weekend, but today is blue skys and sunny-Crazy weather.

jenn gent said...

Those pictures of Mason are so cute! That is very sweet.